Product Design, Research & Development
Product Development at Crown National
Crown National offers a team of highly skilled product development and innovation specialists to provide a product design service which enhances our technical capability. Our product design, research and development experts assist with all stages of development, from concept initialisation, all the way to production.
Our team has built up many years of wide-ranging product experience, including:
- The Meat Sector: Boerewors and marinated meat products, brine injections, processed meats and meat snack products
- Other: Soups, condiments, marinades and sauces
Product formulations are developed and tested at our state-of-the-art development kitchens and pilot-plant facilities, supported by a sensory testing laboratory that is used for evaluating ingredient and product performance. Our experts also conduct factory visits to further support new formulations and processes.
Health Focused Product Development
Increasing government and consumer awareness of the link between diet and health is driving demand for healthier food products.
We are constantly developing and evaluating healthier versions of products, while maintaining product quality and shelf life, including:
- Sugar reduction
- Fat reduction (including replacement of trans and saturated fats)
- Sodium reduction
- Vitamin and mineral fortification
- Satiety, weight management and low Glycaemic Index (GI)
- Addition of other functional ingredients
To learn more about product development, design and research at Crown National, please contact us today for further information.